Thus, we have given you a good piece of gold jewelry? Here's how it really looks like.
Soft gold of precious metals. In fact, the purest, the softer it is. Therefore, the "old" test bite Prospector - Pure gold is marked by hard to chew! (Not recommended without a dentist in standby mode!)
This "flexibility" of property is one of the reasons why he was so valuable and desirable that each civilization. Or maybe get a rare and difficult to easily "worked" - one gram can be beaten in the area of 27 square meters!
In its pure form is too soft to be useful in the manufacture of jewelry. Pure gold is alloyed silver, copper and other metals to make the material hard enough for jewelry. Proportion of pure gold in the alloy jewelry differs designated carats (k) weight. Pure gold is 24K (ie.100%), south sea pearl earrings other common alloy carat weights of 22k, 18k, 14k, 10k and 9k. 9k is the hardest alloy. Obviously, this means that all the weight 9k scratch softer. That is why it is desirable to always wear things carat weight, even if your jewelry is likely to come into contact (rings, etc.). Gold is resistant to corrosion and oxidation - it will not rust, tarnish or corrode.
A few "golden rules":
* Remove jewelry of gold in the use of chemicals and write by hand. Gold sanding scratches reduce its brilliance.
* Remove your jewelry while swimming - chlorine will affect its brilliance.
* To clean jewelry with warm water and cotton wool. If very dirty, use a solution of warm water and soap and detergent.
* Gold is softer than sand. Sand scratch your jewelry. Do not wear on the beach!
* Keep your jewelry separately in soft cloth, ring mountings wholesale a stable temperature environment. Ideally, you keep your jewelry box, with which it was delivered.
* To clean jewelry with a low content of sodium bicarbonate dipping very low (only a pinch), / boiling water for a few seconds. Thoroughly dry the jewelry immediately with a soft cotton cloth. (* Do not do this if your jewelry contains gemstones).
White gold was originally developed in 1920 as an alternative to platinum. shell pearl jewelry It is not very different kind of gold, there is no such thing as "pure" white gold or 24-carat white. This is just an alloy in which the choice was made of a metal alloy to achieve the "white" or platinum, as the paint.
Most white gold jewelry with a thin layer to improve its properties of rhodium "white" and reflection. Rhodium is a member of the platinum family and a good protective layer on the jewelry, and better color. Rhodium is harder than gold and will be much better, respectively. However, the coating wear while rhodium alloy below. that the alloy of white gold with dark, less white, and wear visible. It's a simple thing, rhodium coating over most jewelers do a little more for it.